Hello friends! Thanks so much for all the kind and thoughtful things you posted a few weeks ago here and on social media in response to the overly sentimental and weepy essay on last babies. I’m not sure what the future holds, but I do know that at some point I’ll move on from this phase of life and have FEELINGS about it. Please feel free to block me in advance.
Some of you have asked how it is going writing a book and when you can purchase it for $29.99 at Barnes and Nobles. Just kidding, no one asked me that and I’m pretty sure Barnes and Nobles no longer exists (fake news!). I will say that progress is being made and I’ll keep you updated when I can. I hope to be finished with the first draft by this summer.
In other news, I have recently partnered with favorite bloggers Grace Patton, Bridget Hunt, and Fran Dorsey and created a private facebook group to post reviews and sale items I find on the Internet. A group dedicated to finding great deals and brands for women, moms, and kids so you don’t have to. It’s an idea I’ve been tossing around for a few months now. Here’s why I finally did it:
- I do 99% of my shopping online and spend a lot of time researching the best deals on groceries, car-seats, leggings, etc. so I might as well make it a separate side job.
- As a consumer, I prefer to find out camelbak water bottles are on sale on Amazon via a facebook group I joined on purpose rather than a blog I subscribe to for other reasons.
- I enjoy the side of blogging that involves product research and reviews but do not enjoy dedicating whole posts to it.
- These types of facebook groups better allow for posting time sensitive deals.
- While Facebook is my least favorite social media for the social part of it, I do enjoy it for the private groups feature.
- I personally utilize these groups weekly and wanted to start my own.
- It’s fun.
This blog will still serve to occasionally review motherhood related products, but for the most part when I find something I love that’s also on sale–you can find it in this facebook group very uncreatively named the Sale Rack. Check it out or don’t! Here’s the link one more time. Opt in or opt out anytime. Make the notifications what you want. It’s a private group (for your benefit) so no one except others in the group can see if you comment or like something.
As far as the future of this blog goes, the only things on the horizon are a little round-up of the fake corner nursery I’ve been putting together for Novi, book reviews, funny tweets, and the occasional essay.
Finally, there are one million pockets of the Internet with bigger, smaller, better, weirder, funnier, wiser, or more interesting followings featuring things like windsurfing and indoor plants. I do want to say that I am thankful for this space and the encouragement and love you bring to me. Thank you for following along and supporting this blog, both in my work as a writer and my side job as a lazy blogger who occasionally finds things for 60% off on Amazon.
See you again soon, one way or another.